Lusty & Blundell (also referred to as “our”, “us” or "we") is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of our current, former and potential customers (referred to as “customers”, “you” and “your”).
If we are unable to collect sufficient personal information we may not be able to provide you with the full benefit of our products, services and offers or our online and digital platforms.
Our authorised Lusty & Blundell dealers and overseas agencies (“Authorised Dealers” and "Agents" or "Agencies") are independent business entities and may have privacy policies which are different to ours. Authorised Dealers are responsible for their own privacy policies and privacy practices. Please contact your Authorised Dealer directly for enquiries or further information.
What types of personal information do we collect?
We only collect and process personal information that we consider necessary for the effective functioning or activities of our business. Generally, the types of personal information that we collect from or about you depends on the circumstances in which the information is collected. We have described below examples of the types of personal information that may be collected, however this is not an exhaustive list:
- The main type of personal information that we collect is your name and contact details, including physical and postal address, email addresses, phone numbers, and mobile numbers.
- Other personally identifiable information such as demographic information about your age, gender and occupation, as well as information about your hobbies, favourite sports and other interests and preferences may be collected if you choose to provide us with that information, for example when entering a competition or promotion or taking part in a customer experience survey following the purchase or service of a product.
- We may collect financial and credit information if you are seeking to obtain a credit account with us.
- We may collect other types of information you provide us when making enquiries or providing feedback on our or our Authorised Dealers’, and/or Agencies products and services, for example enquiry details, your opinion on products and services, and records of your communications with us.
- We may collect information which you allow to be shared with us that is part of your public profile on a third-party social network, or information you create and share with us by posting it to one of our social networks.
- We may collect information relating to the way you use or navigate our website or customer portal so that we can improve your experience and our communications with you online.
- We may also collect other personal information as otherwise permitted or required by law, as well as any other information that you choose to provide us.
How is personal information collected?
We may collect personal information from or about you in a variety of ways. Where possible we will collect personal information directly from you. The most common ways we collect personal information are:
• information you provide us directly either in person, over the phone, by email, or through our digital and online channels, for example:
- if you make an enquiry about Lusty & Blundell products, parts, accessories or services, or if you request, a brochure, specification sheet, information or other materials about Lusty & Blundell products, parts, accessories or services;
- if you interact with us online, including via our website or through social media channels; If you use our customer portal and/or any of our mobile applications;
- if you enter a promotion or competition carried out by Lusty & Blundell directly or carried out by a third party with official affiliation with or support from Lusty & Blundell;
- if you participate in a marketing, product development, profiling, survey or market research campaign, including on social media channels;
• we will collect personal information from our Authorised Dealers (e.g. information you provide when you purchase any products, parts or accessories from an Authorised Dealer;
• in certain circumstances we may also collect your personal information from other third parties, including our related entities, service providers, contractors, and agents.
For what purpose do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We only collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the purposes for which it was originally collected (and for related purposes which you would reasonably expect), unless required or authorised by or under law or if the individual concerned has consented to another use. Some of the specific purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information include:
- to enable us to correspond with you and do business together and for reasons related to our business operations, such as to ensure we and our Authorised Dealers continue to deliver quality products and services to our customers and potential customers;
- to facilitate your application for credit accounts;
- to respond to your enquiries, comments, concerns or requests for information about our products, parts, accessories, services or offers;
- to process sales orders and administer accounts, warranty records and product service records;
- to provide you and our Authorised Dealers with necessary support;
- for product development, market research, and customer surveys (for example, to obtain your feedback and find out your level of satisfaction with our products and services and with our Authorised Dealers);
- for marketing and promotional activities, including to contact you directly or through our (or our affiliates’) service providers and research agencies for these purposes;
- to carry out our legal compliance obligations, such as to conduct a product safety recall where necessary or inform you of a customer notification or field service action affecting your purchases;
- to contact you with details of any products or services offered by other parties, or special offers or promotions that we think may be of interest to you;
- to assist our Authorised Dealers in performing any of the purposes outlined above (if applicable);
- we may use information collected from our websites to enable the features of the website, to improve the website by determining which of our products, features and services are most popular, and to personalise the experience of the users of our website;
- we may also process your personal information for other purposes which are disclosed to you, and to which you consent, whether expressly or by implication by providing us with your personal information with knowledge of how we intend to use it; and
- we may also process your personal information without your consent for purposes that are required or authorised by or under any applicable law, including but not limited to meeting our legal obligations, assisting in the investigation of a breach of an agreement or a law, assisting in law enforcement purposes, and protecting our and our customers’ business interests.
Disclosure of your personal information
- our employees, officers, contractors, service providers, agents, and partners (for example, mailing houses, marketing agencies, airline programme partners, market research providers, printers, insurance providers, financiers, website and data hosting providers, data analytics providers, and other IT suppliers);
- our related or affiliated companies and their respective employees, officers, contractors, service providers and agents (and our related or affiliated companies may disclose the personal information directly to their contractors, service providers and agents);
- our Authorised Dealers (and vice versa);
- our accountants, insurers, lawyers, auditors and other professional advisors;
- any other third parties to whom you direct or permit us to disclose your personal information (e.g. third parties with whom we have directly or indirectly arranged services for your benefit);
- third parties that require the information for law enforcement or to prevent a serious threat to public safety; and
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third party to whom we disclose personal information is required to comply with the Act.
If we disclose personal information to third parties based offshore, we will comply with the requirements of the Act that relate to the transfer of personal information offshore.
Our website use a technology called cookies to record the preferences of visitors and enable us to optimise the design of our website. A "cookie" is a small data element that a website transfers to your computer for record keeping and experience customisation purposes. The length of time that a user’s computer stores cookies is determined by the user’s browser settings.
The use of "cookies" is an industry standard and helps us monitor the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our website. During normal website usage our website "cookies" do not store your email address or other personal information about you unless you have given your consent, or if it is essential for technical reasons (i.e. secure login). We use this technology to generate statistics and measure website activity to improve the usefulness of customer visits. Each time you access our website, our server may deliver certain customised information (such as advertisements) to you based on the data stored in your cookie. Third party vendors may utilise cookies to collect information about the content you view on our website or customer portal and use that information to show and/or serve our advertisements on other website based on a user’s prior visits to our website and other internet activity. We may also use analytics data supplied by third party vendors to inform and optimise our ad campaigns. We may utilise third party cookies in some parts of our website.
Some of the tags that are used on our website include, but are not limited to, container tags (such as Google tag manager), which include retargeting tags and analytics tags. These tags provide us with aggregated knowledge and information on website behaviour and user preferences.
Storage and Security
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, corruption, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including through physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. However, to the extent permitted by law, we will not be responsible for and exclude all liability arising in relation to any misuse, interference, corruption, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your personal information.
If we provide you with any passwords or other security devices it is important that you keep these secret and confidential and do not allow them to be used by any other person. You should notify us immediately if the security of these devices is breached to prevent the unauthorised disclosure of your personal information.
If we become aware of any breach involving your personal information we will comply with the requirements of the Act relating to the reporting of privacy breaches.
Email and other Electronic Communications
We are committed to full compliance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007.
By using our website and other online and digital channels and/or by providing us with your personal information you consent to receiving communications from us or from third parties on our behalf using the contact details you have provided (including, without limitation, via direct mailing, email, SMS, telephone call, and other phone number based messaging) which promote and market our products and services, or the products and services of others, from time to time.
You can opt out of those communications at any stage by contacting us using the contact details set out on our "Contact Us" web page or by utilising the "unsubscribe" facility included on all such communications. Once you have unsubscribed from these communications, we will remove you from the corresponding marketing list as soon as is reasonably practicable.
If you wish to unsubscribe from marketing material you receive from an Authorised Dealer, please contact that dealer directly.
You may obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not we hold personal information about you. You may also request a copy of the personal information and/or request that corrections or changes are made to it. You can make such requests in relation to your personal information by contacting our Marketing Departing using the details set out below. Please quote your name and address and, if possible, provide brief details of what information you want a copy of (this helps us to more readily locate your information).
We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are required or authorised to refuse such access by law.
All such enquiries should be directed to:
At all times we will strive to ensure that your personal information is treated confidentially and in accordance with the Act. However, if you have any questions or complaints about the handling of your personal information, please contact our Marketing Department in the first instance using the contact details set out above and we will do our best to assist.
If you are still not satisfied, you can make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner. Further details on how to do this are available on the Privacy Commissioner website at www.privacy.org.nz.
Links to other websites